Friday, October 3, 2014

6x6 Butterfly Journal Pages

 I spent several days this past week working on these 6"x6" art journal pages for a swap on ATT a Yahoo group I am part of.  The deal was to create 12 of these bad boys and get 12 back...should be a piece of cake I told myself...right!  A big piece of cake to bite off!  I don't know what other people did that made a different one for each page because just getting them done doing one was a lot of work. 






















I love the Tim Holtz Ancestors Found cards!  I think I am going to have to break down and buy a couple more stacks of these things. 





















I used paper from the Tim Holtz paper stash "Wallflower" to make these pages.  Each page was cut 6"x6" then I sewed a piece of netting on the front of each one.  Next I glued a doily down, the ancestor found card and embellished with the canvas butterfly banner.






















Each butterfly was stamped with a word stamp from Stampers Anonymous.  Next came the flowers and the tag spike.  The sentiment is from a Tim Holtz stamp set. 























Aren't all these pictures of these children so awesome!  I was laughing making some of the pages because they just either seemed to be so happy or so ticked off at getting their pictures taken!
























The backs of the pages were only in two designs.  The butterfly paper was the only difference in materials.  Flowers varied in color and card ink varied some what from card to card.





















The backs of the pages were a separate 6"x6" page that I sewed to the other page.  The card stock was first sprayed with Dylusions inks and allowed to dry then ran through the Big Shot in an 8x8 embossing folder.  Then I distressed each page with Vintage Photo.  The butterflies and the top note sentiment tag are from Stampin' Up!  Sentiment stamp is from Tim Holtz.  I used flowers and the bling I bought at Micheal's.  The leaves were cut from Stampin'Up! card stock with a SU punch.  Finishing touch was  a muse token.

I had a lot of fun making these 6x6 pages and look forward to making more in the future!

4 comments:

  1. Such Beautiful pages!! Inspiring!!Thank you for sharing, Have a great week Ginny M #63

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous, Vickie! I love every one. Aren't the vintage images great? Well done making such a fabulous collection.

    Shoshi

    ReplyDelete
  3. always fun to see what you have been working on! love these. hope you are feeling better! maybe we can craft soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are gorgeous Vickie, bet the finished journal will look even better when you get your swaps.
    Happy crafting, Angela x

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse