Sunday, July 6, 2014

Week 4 of the Summer of Color 4 challenge is pink, lime green and a pop of dark green.   Nope not exactly my favorite colors but I did the best I could!!

I used Dylusions Bubblegum Pink as my base then used a Dylusions leaf stencil for the small border leaves, a Studio 490 for the big leaves and it just started to roll on from there.  
 I guess you could say I went on a Dylusions binge because all the stamps used on this page are from the Dylusions line from Ranger Ink.  I decided to do some collage with the papers before I decided to stamp.  I added a few words as filler because I was thinking about what a good life mate I have and these are words that I feel for him!  I sometimes don't tell him what I am feeling so I was thinking I needed to at the time I was playing with the inks.   Isn't it funny what your brain does for you!!

Guess I will post this so I make the deadline this week!  Hope everyone has a great week.  Looking forward to hearing what the new colors are tomorrow! 

9 comments:

  1. Vickie, this is beautiful. I'm a pink lover so your spread suits me well. The zig zag lines are so fun and I think they are perfect in your work, both as borders and to hang the hearts from. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely thought - It shows how much love in you and your life :)

    My contribution is here:
    http://cordes.re/blg/wind/?p=1161

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pages - so vibrant and pretty! I love how you used this week's SOC colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really pretty. Have a nice Sunday
    Nicole/Beadwright

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Vickie, Just saw your introduction over at Darnell's blog, and zipped over to say Hi. Realized I'm already a follower at your blog, just been MIA for a while. I'm loving your Dylusions sprays. These are fantastic tools to use in our crafts, are they not. That is one impressive journal page, and I like all the bits & pieces you've added to make it special for your mate. Great use of the colors to meet your challenge colors too. TFS & hope to see you visit when you have time. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It is funny what sneaks in when we allow our minds to let go. Such a lovely journal page for your OH - did you tell/show him? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great mixed media work! And I love the sweet little bird in the middle of each page.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse