Thursday, June 5, 2014

WOYWW and OMG!

update:   I started this yesterday and I have been having Internet problems again.  Oh well a Thursday post is better then not at all!  

I have been very busy of late and my memory hasn't been worth a flip cause I am trying to keep up with my tail (chasing my tail!) as my dear husband has been lecturing in Europe and now on a stormchase tour!  I can't remember the last time I blogged...just looked...OMG! over a month!!!  I am like the white rabbit and wonder when or if it will stop.

Thought I would share some of the things that I have been up to....
This is a fairly photo intensive post so for those of you who are just here for WOYWW check out Julia's blog Stamping Ground and see why we post on Wednesday each week.   I am in the process of switching out craft/studio rooms right now. I didn't realize how much stuff I own and why I do I don't know...I will blame it on the Fibro and ME and let it go at that.  Here is my desk this week..
My desk this week...no crafting going on!






The sight that greets you as you come in the door...this is going to be a work table/sorting area when it gets cleared up.
This is what I am calling my goodies drawers that house all my bits and pieces....God knows why I need 16 drawers/cab units.  The unit to the right that you can barely see is two Alex units from IKEA stacked one on top of another giving me space for my punches and art supplies.

a
looking catawompus (corner to corner) from the bookcase above to my desk.  I was always so envious of the desks that had window so now I do too!  Do you think I should put my ribbon back up over the desk?
My paper/cutting station.  This is an Expedit 2x4 and 2x2 stacked together.   Boxes of dies and large dies for my Big Shot Pro you can see on the mid-left there.   Plastic paper containers to right house my Graphic 45 papers etc.
With all my medical issues it is going to be a work in progress for a while and as I said I have a long way to go to get it all settled in but...I am making progress and it will be a fun place to work and play.  I am planning on updating my Etsy store and selling some of my "homemade" goodies in the fall.   I will take some pictures when it is all done and post later!

Have I been able to do any crafting...a little.  Here is a canvas I made for Father's day next week and a discarded whisky container my husband gave me to play with.  I thought that it could be used as packaging for a gift and was really easy to make.  
Lots of Tim Holtz dies and inks here.  Love the way the pocket watch mini die turned out with the lens made from Glossy Accents!  
discarded can covered with Graphic 45 Good Ol' Sport Papers. 
Okay that is it for the WOYWW only group.  I will try and make it around to a lot of pages cause I have missed seeing what you are up to!!

Gardening!  Last post I promised I would show you some pictures of the garden and didn't get online again till now.  Here are some before and after pics...look what a difference 2 weeks can make!  It is currently 92f/33c outside right now and that and a little water things grow quickly!
Did I show you a picture of my new herb planter?  I love the stacked pots!
This is the flower planter from a couple weeks ago.
The veggies beds a couple weeks ago!
And today...
cabbages, onions, peppers
look how big the cabbage is getting...awesome! What ever mothy thing has been chomping on the leaves.  Bought some powder so they aren't eating my cabbage!

corn and watermelons
Tomatoes, squash, and sunflowers
broccoli, Brussels sprouts and tomatoes, squash
onions, potatoes, and tomatoes with a sunflower
okra and green beans
check this out!  a few green beans and a lot of blossom...we will be eating beans next week!
tomatoes and blooms...can't wait!
potatoes
I am so excited about my garden and the way things are growing.  I will try to post more as the season progresses.  I have tried 3 different ways of staking tomatoes this year and 2 different ways of growing potatoes to optimize the growing space in the above ground beds.  I am very pleased at how easy it is to keep the beds weeded and watered!   If I get dizzy or fatigued I sit on the side till I can move on!

Hope everyone has a great day and hope to see you on WOYWW next week!

19 comments:

  1. How wonderful to have all that space to organize your craft supplies in! I'm still dreaming of having a room instead of just a desk. And how exciting to have so many veggies to harvest!
    Happy WOYWW!
    Blessings and hugs,
    peggy aplSEEDS @24

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh so much to see, lots of lovely goodies and the garden looks great.
    Happy crafting, Angela x #7

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful garden, and a gorgeous craft room. It will be great once you get it sorted. Just be kind to yourself, though, and don't be tempted to overdo things. Have a great weekend, Chris # 10 xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your inside and your outside areas. I think our desks should be both as some people work on their gardens as much as we work at our desks. for some strange reason Mr Linky has disappeared again, I was #19 but no longer even see the links LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your garden looks fabulous. Everything is up so high! Well done you.

    I have not been participating in WOYWW this year. DH has been keeping me busy since he retired. Seems he is always dreaming up a new project that requires my participation. We have been watching the kiddies more and walking them to school and back more often too.

    Seems this is the season for our gardens as I find that is keeping me hopping this year too. I am on a cardmaking personal challenge...Have finished 59 and am now working on another 50....it is a good feelling.

    Your room plans sound great. I find it is always a lot of work to organize and move things but almost always so worth it in the end.. Just can take a long, hard slog to get there sometimes. I too have some health concerns so things seem to take longer...but I'm always happy when they are done.

    So glad you stopped by...I will try to get back to WOYWW in the late fall...as my life slows doiwn a bit then and over winter!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful post! I love photos! Well, I can tell you why you have so much stuff....crafters are crafty collectors! We NEED all that stuff to put on our cards, etc!!!! Love the look of your desk with all your goodies close at hand! Looks like a big job to go through though! Beautiful garden!!!! Love seeing your yard! HAPPY WOYWW! (even if it's Saturday!) Angie #58

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your studio looks like an efficient place to work in. I love your projects too, especially the bottle. However, my favorites are the pictures of your garden. You are such a green thumb. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Vickie happy WOYWW, on Sunday....thanks for visiting...I'm fine with visits any time of the week and often find I'm late with comments but still like to participate. WOW woman your craft desk now has a window, yeahh and as you say still have some sorting to do sometimes it takes time to find the right spot for your stuff. Now I must say your garden is magnificent...all those veges..wow, doing so well. Next week I'll have pics of my lawn...sigh... I'm relaxing today, taking time to catch up on emails and desk visits and rest my body. All good and for you ---have a great week, Cheers RobynO#66

    ReplyDelete
  9. You look like you have been mighty busy to me. Your crafty supplies certainly are taking over and I hope you get sorted soon. DH and I are sorting the loft out in our house as he is lining the roof with insulation silver bubble wrap mainly to stop the horrid black dust. Anyway we have sorted through all the baby stuff and my crime novels and ended up with a car load for the jumble and quite a lot for the tip too. Jolly hard work though. Thanks for sharing. BJ#26

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Vickie, I love all your crafting stuff. I'm drooling:) Hope you get it all just how you want it.

    Loving the canvas for Fathers Day and the old bottle tube.

    Your garden is lovely. Looks like you will be almost self sufficient with all your lovely veg. There's nothing like home grown.

    Hope your health doesn't get in the way of you have a nice weekend and a good week ahead. I have Fibromyalgia, so totally sympathise.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. Sue 64

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love looking at people's craft rooms. You have your work cut out for you switching from one room to another. But, I always have just as much fun organizing my tools and supplies as I do using them. It gives you a chance to remember what all you have and imagine future projects to use them on. The canvas are tube are awesome! And it looks like you are going to have a yummy summer...what a great garden. Thanks for sharing and for your visit. #43 Kyla @ Faerie Wings and Scrapbook Things

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Vickie it was great to hear from you. looks like you're gong to have a fab craft room when you get sorted. I enjoy sorting and organising my stuff. Have been doing a bit more as I try and make it organised for my class in there. Your garden is looking very fruitful - I envy you. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well no wonder your room isn't done! You've been tending to your gardens. They are GORGEOUS! There will be plenty of time to tidy up your craft room this winter. Can't wait to see more pictures of your flowers and veggies. Thanks for stopping by my blog earlier.
    April #41

    ReplyDelete
  14. So sorry I am getting around so late this week we have had a long weekend here for the queens birthday and opening of the snow season for us, so this means more working hours for me and I am on burn out with the FM but will get there with loads of sleep and rest. Mr linky going on a siesta threw me out too, lucky fella. I am in awe of those vegi patches they are amazing and what flavor the vegis are going to have, lucky you, but there is hard work in there too. Thanks for sharing, again sorry for returning so late and it's great to have you back you have been missed.

    Hugs Eliza & Yoda
    Belated WOYWW greetings

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Vickie

    Only just stopping over since you commented on my post... I've been so ill with the pain I had in my face/teeth... on antibiotics, and another visit to the emergency doc! So as yet, not finished my ATC's or visited everyone - but thanks for popping to my blog in the meantime...

    Gosh - so much to see and comment on so I'll try and keep it brief or i'll end up with a blog post for a comment!! lol (you should remember I can 'talk/type war and peace?).

    Wow - what a wonderful craft space. Would love the challenge of sorting all of that space out - a massive space and appreciate a bit of a massive project for you with your conditions. Get me a flight and I'll be over to give you a hand - then enjoy your wonderful garden in the afternoon!!! Lovely large garden - I kind of miss my garden, but not the maintenance.

    Your projects are really good - and the rescued whisky box/tube - really love it, also your canvas - so glad you are making time to create, it's very important.

    Ok, was that brief? Hopefully!

    big hugs
    Paula x x x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, Vickie - what an enormous garden! It must take ages to keep it all looking so good. Well done you!
    You are one busy lady - what with your room sorting, and the gardening.... Hope it has all gone well this week.
    Sorry it has taken me til now to get around to visiting folk! John still needs huge amounts of help, so spare time is very much at a premium.
    Take care.
    Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  17. Glad to see you back again. I am so late doing my visiting this week. Your veggies look absolutely delicious, full of flavour, not like stuff from the supermarkets. Hope to see you around again tomorrow. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  18. It sounds like your really busy with moving your craft supplies but it will be so worth it, that is one job I dread doing lol. Really love the awesome storage and I bet it's brill having a window in you craft room. Really love the garden and when its in full bloom. Happy mega late Woyww :-)

    ReplyDelete
  19. oh my what a full craft space you have. can you find what you are looking for? I normally get distracted by things that i find (that i had forgotten about).
    not playing this week, just browsing as toots has been poorly and in hospital again. caroline (akilli melek)

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse