Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day!

Just wanted to take a minute to wish everyone in blogland a Happy Mother's Day today!  Whether you be the Momma to a two legged humanoid or four legged fur baby today is a day of celebration!

My Mom was one of the best Mom's that a kid could ever have and instilled values that I realize now were universal to all the others that I interacted with.  I got my elbows knocked off the table, I was taught to say please and thank you, and to treat my elders with respect.  My Mom wouldn't settle for half way behavior and if you were told to do something you had better do it the right way the first time or you were doing it again....and again...and again.  I remember learning that lesson the hard way cause I didn't want to do dishes so I paid my sister 25¢ to do dishes and Mom waking me up and having me do them again!

Eva Mae Fear Good 1934-1989

My Mom was taken from us way too early in her life and I miss her a lot ever day.  I thank her for all she did for me and all she instilled in me with her wisdom and courage.  I am who I am today due to her. 

Now I am happy to have been blessed with two awesome children...  I love them more each day!  I love this picture...
Of course I have had numerous fur babies throughout the years KiKi (1975-1990), Boots (1987-2006), Spooky (1990-2007), Buddy (1997-2006), Teddy Bear (1986-2002) was our only dog and we inherited him from my mother, Skiddy (2007-), and Stormy (2007-).  I have a special place in my heart for each of them because they have given so much to us.  Here is a picture of Chuck that I love with the 'girls' from 2007 when we first got them. 


4 comments:

  1. What a truly lovely Mother's day post - I really enjoyed reading it, thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Mother sounds a lot like my Grandmother...strong and our rock and gone too soon!
    Happy Belated Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I was still sick on Mother's Day so I just now got around to this and it is lovely. Thanks for sharing about your mom and the adorable pic of your wee ones, now fully grown, right? :) And Chuck is the DH, right? He looks *so* pleased to be having his pic taken! lol :) Hugs dear! ~Deeyll

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was trying to look so pleased but in truth he was happy the girls were piled on him cause they had only been hanging with me. We had three male cats that had died over the past 18 months that were his cats so the girls were a replacement.

      Delete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse