Sunday, January 20, 2013

Tags Class

Everyone asks me what I do with all the tags I make and why I even make them.  Tags are like mini pieces of art and I do all sorts of things with them!  I give them as gifts, use them as cards, hang them on the wall, use them on canvases etc. etc. etc.....
I have agreed to start up my monthly tag classes at Scrap That in Norman again starting Thursday 1/31 and the class will be every month on the 3rd Thursday of the month from 6-8 pm.  Cost is $15.  There is a basic kit that you will need to get but you don't have to have it all at once and we will have some things that you will be able to use as you build your tools up!  I will be doing mostly a lot of Tim Holtz style tags so I will put a list at the bottom of things absolutely necessary to have to do tags.  

The tags we will be making will be for Valentines Day swapping and are simple enough to start off your tag making journey.
Manilla tag sprayed with Dylusions, Reminisce paper, Tim Holtz Love Stuck die cut, bling and buttons!

Reminisce paper, Dylusions ink spray, embellishments
Tim Holtz Love Struck die, Mini die and stamps make up the basics for this card.  It is embellished with TH ideology tape, mulberry paper flowers, and bling.

I will be teaching basic stamping techniques, spraying inks, distressing cardstock, layout and whatever else happens to crop up in class.  I will have the die cuts all ready cut and embossed and if you are interested we can use some class time to learn about die cutting, embossing, etc another class.

What you need in a basic kit:

Terri carries these products at Scrap That
  • Paper cutter
  • scissors...I love the Tim Holtz red handled scissors cause they are non stick and cut everything!
  • Liquid glue like the 3M brand or any type you like that is quick drying 
  • glue dots or equivalent
  • Uniball White Gel Pen
  • Tim Holtz Distress Inks: Ranger Ink makes a total of 48 different colors of distress inks.  I have found that the ones that I use most often are the Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain, Tea Dye, Old Paper, Peeled Paint, Stormy Sky, Faded Denim, Barn Door, and Wild Honey. 
  • Blending Tool
  • Inksentials Non stick Craft mat
Some fun things to have are the Tonic tool set and tiny attacher stapler.

1 comment:

  1. Lovin' your tags! If I lived in Norman, you could count on me to join in!

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse