Tuesday, November 13, 2012

and a repeat...three more tags

Today I have three more tags to share with you then I will show you the completed canvas tomorrow...

BTW did you know that there are a lot of different tag sizes available precut to purchase?  I didn't but I found a site that sells tags in bulk and they have this graph showing all the different sizes available and all the different weights of tags.  I don't know if I will purchase any since I already have all 3 Tim Holtz tag dies for the #2, #5, and #8 tags and cut them myself most of the time. To check out the graph or purchasing go to xpresstags.com


Here are the tags I am sharing with you today:

 

Tag 1 is a small #2 size tag that I stamped with a stamp from the Holiday Holidays 3 from Tim Holtz (TH).  It is a Christmas Carol...appropriate I think.  The stamping and distressing was done in Vintage Photo.  The wreath is cut out with TH Movers and Shapers mini wreath and bow dies.   I used the old Martha Stewart branch punch (that I have had forever) to punch a lot of branches then I glued them to the wreath.  The bow is cut from red card stock and I used red Stickles on it and let it dry then covered it with Glossy Accents.  Some red Stickles were dotted around the wreath to simulate berries.   

Tag 2 is a #5 tag that I ran through the TH pine branch embossing folder then inked it with Iced Spruce and distressed it with Vintage Photo.  The pine branches and pine cones are made with the Tattered Pine cone die then I iced them with Lace Stickles and a red bow.  I twisted up a couple pipe cleaners to get a candy cane for the tag canvas.

  

Tag 3 is a #8 tag that I covered with a piece of Holidays Past seasonal paper from TH!  I then distressed around the edges in Pine Needles and Festive Berries.   The poinsettia is made with the Tattered Poinsettia die and pages from a dictionary that I distressed with the Festive Berries.  The leaves were run through a crimper and distressed with the Vintage Photo.and Noel die was used on glitter card stock.  I finished it up with a velvet brad in the center of the poinsettia.  All card stock used is from Stampin'Up! including that used to make the manila tags.


11 comments:

  1. these are too lovely to just be tags so I wonder what you will do with them.... Christmas hanging, make cards etc., ???
    Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  2. All your tags are wonderful! The tattered poinsettia die is amazing. Its added to my wish list! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your tags are wonderful,I love that glittery noel.. Just awesome.. Sandy :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous tags but, as usual, I'm focussing on totally the wrong thing! Your pens look so amazing and inviting. All those squares of colour, vibrant and fun. I have a feeling I'm going to be inspired by that!

    Happy WOYWW,
    rachel #52

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my I visited that food site you linked to and boy was I drooling. Thank you for such a lovely resource. I printed a few recipes to try.

    Your tags look so pretty. Oh my gosh. I love all the dimension and details.

    Thanks for visiting my desk.

    You have a blessed week.

    Belinda (32)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck getting your Christmas cards done. You are not alone -- I haven't started either. Love all the inks and pens on your desk! Nice and colorful. Happy WOYWW! Tammy #102

    ReplyDelete
  7. oH wow, Vickie your tags are just stunning, tags are on my to do list, just hoping for some extra hours every day. You are absolutely right, the time is going by faster, it speeds up like crazy once Thanksgiving is here!
    Debxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. wow those tags are absolutely gorgeous, keep on making them so I dont feel guilty about not even starting mine lol
    Bridget #33

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous tags - love the bright Christmas colours you have used.
    God luck with the gluten free diet - sounds as if you are having fun with it. Just hope it helps.
    Thanks for visiting me - Hugs, Neet (having problems with the internet today so rushing playing catch up at the moment) 15 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the tags, so different to each other and all perfect. I'm another who hasn't made any Christmas cars, actually bought a pack yesterday because they made me smile - black and white photo of two old ladies in the snow with the cation 'Holly and Ivy'
    Thanks for visiting yesterday, late again getting round but I hope to visit a lot more desks this afternoon, and yes, boys do seem to grow in spurts. Five foot one day and almost 6ft the next.
    Annn B
    #67

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Vicky
    I need your address asap please so I can arrange the swaps. Mine is ready to post to you and other people are waiting for details. Hope things are OK for you but if you can't manage it , don't worry but please do let me know and I can sort it out here.
    Love jo x.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse