Saturday, July 21, 2012

Happy Saturday!



Thought I would share the finished Wild and Reckless journal pages for the Summer of Color Challenge last week...yes I am a week behind but I am plodding along "gittin er done!"  Usually the Blue Collar Comedy show drives me nuts but for some reason that phrase has stuck with me. 

Remember this picture from my desk on Wednesday?  It was my journal pages that I had sprayed with Dylusions spray inks.  OMG! I love the saturated color you get out of those little bottles and I love the way the color sprays out!

I love these colors!  I decided though that they were not melding together enough to suit me so I spritz with the minimister both pages and it was like magic how they ran together and blended!

Once the pages had dried a bit I pulled out the stencils, stamps, and the Archival black ink and went to town.  I also used some of the Brilliance pigment and the Stampin'Up! ink pads in colors that matched up with the Dylusions sprays and used the blending tool to stencil on the pages.  The colors being so saturated and dark needed lightening up so I used the Tim Holtz paper tapes, a little bling and Ideology to make it pop. 

What do you think?  Like the colors? 

The last weeks colors for Summer of Color are simple...Watermelon Ice.



 I am seeing summer!  Stay tuned another work in progress!





5 comments:

  1. Wow Vickie, your journal pages look awesome, the colors blended so pretty, I bet you loved watching that happen! I know I do, lol waving hi from the hills of North Carolina :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cor Blimey Vickie (English expression) - what a difference the spritzing has made, love how the colours blended together. Fab pages , love them.
    Hugs, neet xx
    (ps wish I could send you some of our rain - up to two days ago we had nothing but rain. June was wettest for 100 years)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Missed you on WOYWW so I thought I'd pop over to see how you are and what you're getting up to.
    Boy those journal pages look fantastic ~ what awesome colours!
    It's pouring with rain here this morning in Melbourne...ho hum....but then it is winter I suppose.
    Have a wonderful weekend ~ Enjoy
    Neesie #20

    ReplyDelete
  4. Missed you on WOYWW too..Thanks for stopping by..Weather!! WOW..we missed all the storms Wed. no rain, no hail, no high winds. But it's ok, we travelled south 20 miles and fields of corn are flat from wind, rain of 1/10th. Hail broke windows in some areas our little area a chance Sat/Sun. Even went to church for an hour of "Rain Prayer"..came out to thunder, lightening but NO Rain. I only hope our well keeps water for our use. Some are chopping corn for animal feed. We still have barn hay for our cattle. My son suggested we come to Germany...perfect weather there no humidity. But they are no yet settled in.
    Your little painting..air balloon July 31/Aug 4 Indianola has their Balloon Fest. would love to go the Hot Air are beautiful. Think we are heading North MN for mini weekend lots of rain there and have a HUGE Antique Fair.
    Stay in, enjoy the weekend, time just flies by.Relief will come after school starts.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse