Monday, November 28, 2011

Tags!

I spent the Thanksgiving weekend doing some tags, card fronts, ATC's and having a good time playing by myself...Can't get in trouble that way. My husband came home from China on Saturday and it was just so comforting having him home again I think my Mojo went wild with excitement.

The first tag I made used the Winter Wonder and Snow Flurries edge die from Tim Holtz. The hat is cut out of the die and trimmed to fit. The snowman was coated with first white crackle paint then the rock candy crackle paint and allowed to dry. I used the new seasonal Distress Ink pads from Ranger ink to make most of the tags this weekend. This color is evergreen bough a beautiful blue green ink! The ticket is from TH ticket stamps and the red on the ticket is festive berries and I covered the 25 with Christmas Red Stickles. The fibers are from Lion Brand.


A second tag I made was cased from Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas 2010...day 12. I used the Carved ornaments, Movers and shapers, Joy, and Tattered Pinecone dies to make this tag. The ornament was colored with festive berries and then covered with rock candy crackle paint. The tag is from the season stash stack of papers and I used Graphic 45 paper to make the pinecones and greenery.

The third and last tag for today is made using the Tim Holtz lamp post and holly die, Christmas Backgrounds and Borders texture fade, Winter seasonal inks, golden honey distress stickles, and the ticket stamp. I really like the way that the distress stickles seem to make the light glow!!




That's it for today! More tomorrow....

3 comments:

  1. Wow Vicky these are lovely ...I have just bought the tim holts lamp and am looking forward to playing with it a stunning set of tags! hugs Margaret

    ReplyDelete
  2. These tags are stunning. I love the last one with the lamp. Beautiful

    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my each tag gets cooler and cooler...I am totally in love with the lamp post tag!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse