Sunday, April 10, 2011

Week #2 Grungy Monday

Wow! Week 2 of the Tim Holtz style tags is almost over and and Linda over at StudioL3 will be announcing the next weeks tag soon. I had a lot of fun making this tag this week and I am looking forward to doing another one this week. Woo Hoo where can you have a lot of fun and learn a lot at the same time? Check it out!

In this challenge we were asked to make a stamp using one of the dies then to stamp on the tag using a matte medium. I made my stamp out of the elegant flourishes. Stamped the image multiple times let it dry then distressed over it and stamped over it with the pattern pieces stamp. I think it turned out rather well.

Materials:

Tim Holtz'dies: Sewing room, Tag and book plates, Elegant Flourishes
Ink: Old Paper, Vintage Photo, Walnut Stain
TH Hanger clips
Grunge Paper

Stampin' Up!
Very Vanilla Cardstock
Stamp: Pattern Pieces

Ribbon and buttons from craft stash

6 comments:

  1. This is so clever Vickie! I love the way everthing ties into the sewing theme :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've looked at that SU! pattern pieces stamp a few times already and wondered if perhaps the pieces were a bit too tidy and aligned and blah..and now I see how it works - really well! |Great tag!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this tag! I've just got the sewing room die but not used it yet.
    At first look I thought you'd used some of the kraft resist paper but you've made something very similar instead: It's a great effect.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am with you on the having "fun and learn at the same time" Vickie. Love your tag! I have these stamps and dies and so far I have had so much fun with them. Have you seen this week's yet? Colour washes. Gonna have a messey ball!! Yee haw!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love this one! :) Wanna make me one, mom?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this Vickie, I really must get me some of those TM Things!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse