Friday, April 8, 2011

April TH style Tag Class

Went to WLS tonight for another Tim Holtz style tag class with my peeps! Love to play with those girls they are all such awesome crafters. Everyone might remember this tag from the Week #1 Grungy Monday entry on Monday of last week. I decided to use it in the class so everyone would learn a couple of different techniques from each tag. I love the recycling bit of this tag where I used the packaging from the bird and cage die to make the clear overlay on the tag. The overlay was then embossed with an old Cuddlebug or Sizzix embossing folder. This tag was made using the wrinkle free technique and then embossed.
The second tag is made using Distress Crackle paint in Antique Linen and the cage and bird were cut out of grungeboard. All the flowers are colored with distress inks. Fun and simple! Doesn't the addage tag say it all?

The last tag was a learning experience for all of us. I don't remember how many distress inks I used to build up the background on this tag but it was a bunch then the butterflies were stamped with in Broken China and the rabbit was stamped in the Black Soot and embossed with clear embossing powder. Tried something different with the flower and after inking it with the Dusty Concord I rinsed the flowers in clear water and used a heat tool to dry them quickly. I wanted a worn look not the bright purple color. The Memo pin holds an image cut out of the Seasonal paper stack Easter papers. Cute!


Materials:
Tim Holtz dies: Tag & Bookplates
Caged Bird
SPRING SPRUNG Easter
Tim Holtz Crackle Paint, antique linen
Distress ink pads:
Barn Door
Chipped Sapphire
Rusty Hinge
Wild Honey
Faded Jeans
Dusty Concord
Spiced Marmalade
Broken China
Frayed Burlap
Scattered Straw
Antique Linen
Tea Dye
Vintage Photo
Black Soot
Mustard Seed
Fired Brick
Walnut Stain
Seasonal Paper Stack
Memo Pin
Muse Token
Addage Tickets
Bazzil Brad
Flower Soft
SU clear embossing powder
Various ribbons and laces
dew drops

7 comments:

  1. These are wunnerful Vickie...the hting about all these Dink build ups - how do you know when to stop? I get to a point I think is really fine and stop and then someone else goes on and does something totally cool with just one more swipe...makes me not such a fan in the end, I don't have the vision!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful tags Vickie, I particularly love the 1st one!

    Everytime I see your gorgeous tags I keep thinking I really must have a try at one!

    Keryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tags Vickie! Well done. At least you remembered to make a note of what colours you used. I sometimes forget and have to play guessey whichey oney!!! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really do like this batch of the grunge tags... so either they're a little different from the normal ones or I'm becoming better at seeing the merits of the style. ;) REALLY love the second one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks everyone I appreciate the comments. @Heather...I love you DD!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really love all your Tags,they are Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cards! At first I was going to say the White Rabbit is my fave but then I looked at them all again and thought maybe the first bird tag. But then again, there is something about the 2nd bird tag! I guess, I don't have to pick one favourite... they are all beautiful! Well done!
    xoxo Karen

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse