Thursday, March 3, 2011

Whiskey Can to Gift Can!

I finished making my recycled whiskey bottle can tonight! YAY! I love to get things done fairly quickly so I don't leave them sitting on my desk! I think it turned out awesome! The base box is a scotch whiskey can that my husbands whiskey comes packaged in. I covered it with a 12"x12" sheet of Stampin Up! Morning Sunshine designer paper which was a bulk buy item for demos a couple years back. I love the little blue birds!



The border around the top is a Martha Stewart large edge punch called bangle bracelet that I cut out of Pacific Point card stock and adhered to the can after running it through the Xyron. I glued the blue Dew Drops to the center of each link. The label is cut from Pacific Point and Whisper White using the Spellbinders Label #4 die and the Big Shot. I don't know why I made 4 layers but I think it turned out okay that way. I used the Pacific Point ink around the edges of the white. I used clear Dew Drops on the label. The bird is cut out using the two step bird punch from Stampin Up! in the Pacific Point and Not Quite Navy card stock. The flowers are from Prima and all leaves are cut out of Going Green using the Martha Stewart leaf punch and the 2 Step Bird punch. The ribbon is a satin that I had in my ribbon bag that turned out to be long enough!



To finish off the can I cut a circle out of the Morning Sunshine designer paper and glued it to the center of the tin top. Using the clear Dew Drops I made a ring around the outside of the circle and put flowers in the center. On all flowers I added a little bit of Diamond Stickles to give them a little bling!




I still have 6 of the cans left to do something with so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. So cute! You didn't spare any time, trouble or trim, did you. Wonderfully done. What are you going to keep in there?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, what a great idea. What will you use it for?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this is fabulous, I saw it on your desk on the last post, great to see it put to good use and look beautiful too.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse