Sunday, February 27, 2011

Webster Pages Wall Hanging

I had a lot of fun getting together a class for WLS for the next weekend. I love the new Webster Pages papers in the Petite Papers Pad called Country Estate! There are three different papers collections in the 6x6 pack that came out so I decided to make a wall hanging using the Country Estate because of the large beautiful roses. I thought that I could use it to display pictures or put a memo pad, sticky notes, pen holder etc on the cards and use it as a desk jockey beside my desk. Most likely it will hold pictures though!

This first picture is an upclose photo of the header on the wall hanging. I am fascinated with the different flowers being used by the different bloggers on the internet. Last September I went to a meeting where they presented a program on coffee filter flowers and I have been wanting to make a wall hanging using the technique. Viola! All the flowers on this header are made using coffee filters that I spritzed with color and after they were dry used a brad to secure the individual flowers. Nice I think!


I thought that I would do some upclose pictures before showing the finished work to show what a little glitz and glitter can do to a paper. This first picture is of a bird that was not enhanced. I love the paper and the pattern but I thought that the bird was depressingly dull.






This second picture is after I used Perfect Pearls on some of the roses and Stickles on some other flowers and the leaves. The bird was glittered then Glossy Accents was applied over that after it dried. Really makes the picture pop now!







In this picture the birds were glittered and Glossy Accents applied. I used Flower Soft and Stickles on the flowers and leaves.

The gazebo was a lot of fun. I enhanced the paper with Perfect Pearls, Stickles, Gold Twinkling H2O, and some Flower Soft.


Here is the finished product. I really like the way it turned out.

5 comments:

  1. Oooh that is stunning... looks like I may need to search out some new papers now!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are simply gorgeous. I know I've been absent for awhile, but I had to drop by before I leave on vacation. And what a way to do it, too. And I agree that this is one gorgeous completed beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Vickie,

    Your work is absolutely beautiful!

    Thanks so much for visiting. Life does happen and I have no idea how everyone keeps up with all of these blogs, but I'm trying!

    I'm your new follower.
    Barb

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such beautiful creations, Vickie. Your talents knows no limits. I always wonder what to do with elegant papers and now I have an idea. I'm going to look into making coffee filter flowers - I've never seen any and they look great. TFS and for your sweet visit.
    Vicki 157

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is really awesome. I love it. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse