Saturday, February 12, 2011

A layout for March

I don't scrapbook much and people who know me are surprised that I am doing it. I have decided that it is fun but I really enjoy making my cards, tags, and altering stuff. Unfortunately the glaring truth of it is I have a lot of pictures that need to be scrapbooked! I have some that are printed and in a dark box in the closet from years ago and then I have thousands (literally!) that are digital and I bought a digital scrapbook program called My Digital Studio (MDS) from Stampin Up! that I am going to learn to operate eventually. It is really an easy program to use but I am very challenged when it comes to computer stuff but until then...

I've decided that I am going to do a layout every month of something that pertains to that month. I haven't done one for January yet because I just decided to do it while working on a design for a February class. While working on the pages I thought what a good idea it would be to do a layout a month (which isn't a big challenge even for a challenged scrapbooker like me!) I love the different seasons and I thought it would be a challenge to make me step out of the box and do something different. Soon I will go back and make up a page for January...I promise. To see the February layout just click here on Valentine/February and it will take you there.

Leslie has an Accucut at WLS so I cut the tree mats out and cut them around to make my clouds! They are distressed with I think Not Quite Navy. The green and white paper is a Christmas paper that I found in the bin and used her Accucut Vintage mat die to make the center mat. Click on it...doesn't look like a holiday paper...looks like a Celtic paper pattern! I decided to give people the choice of using a Celtic poem in the right big cloud, use it as a journaling space, or just leave it a white fluffy cloud. Their choice!



The rainbow is cut using the Cricut cartridge Hello Kitty. I altered it (of course) by adding two more stripes of color cause the cartridge only cuts two colors. I cut all four colors out then trimmed them to fit the rainbow mat. I used some distress stickles to give it just a little sparkle.





The pot of gold is from a different cartridge but I can't remember the name of it. I looked at Cricuts site but couldn't find it so it must be retired. I cut one from black and one from white used the Gold Twinkling H2O on the white coins, cut them off and glued them to the black pot. Just needed a little shimmer.




Materials used:

Stampin' Up! Inks: Basic Black, Not Quite Navy, Always Artichoke
Bazzil basics cardstock: Spring Willow Dark
Blush Red Medium
Sunflower Medium
Yellow Green
Nautical Blue Dark
White
Print Paper
Tim Holtz Stamps
Rock Candy Distress Stickles
Cricut Cartridges
Accucut and dies
Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse