Monday, February 28, 2011

Faerie's from Graphic 45 Once Upon a Springtime Stamps and Papers

I went to an all night crop on Saturday night at my friend Leslie's scrapbook store called Whole Lotta Scrap in Norman, OK. I think a lot of people complained that they never had time enough on crop nights so Leslie ran the crop 10am Saturday till 7am on Sunday. I don't think they will complain again for a while. I didn't go the whole time cause 21 hours was just too much of a good thing for me. I went in about 5pm and left about 7am. I turned down a stop for breakfast and went to bed instead.

After chit chatting for the first hour or so I turned to being creative and started making cards. The first thing I finished was the ATC's for a swap on a group I belong to. I cased an image of a full size tag of Tim Holtz using this stamp set and cut it down to fit the 2.5x3.5 card I was going to make. I won these stamps in a drawing on the same group so thought it was fitting to use them for the swap. Unfortunately you can't get the full effect cause the camera just wouldn't cooperate with me in photographing the shiny mirror card stock I used to make the plane. I just stamped the image on with Stazon Black in and cut it out. Believe it or not there are 7 colors of ink on this card! Distress ink black soot, Chipped Sapphire, Broken China, Tea Dye, Straw, Walnut Stain and the Stazon! Fun!! I made 11 of these beauties...9 for the swap, 1 to keep and one to give to the whining friend that sat on my right at the crop. Rhonda is a good friend and I am so mean to her!!

The second group of cards I made were made using the Once Upon a Springtime papers and stamps from Graphic 45. All the card blanks and mats were made using Stampin Up! card stock and the images stamped on Stampin Up! Whisper White card stock. I love the crispness of them image on the whisper white that I have not seen with any other card stock. I think that the cards look a little dark here but the paper tends to lend it self to looking dark cause they have a more dusky color scheme than the traditional bright springy colors. I like it. It calls to my soul!

This first card is the brightest and most girlie to me. I love the vintage cotton crocheted ribbon lace and the mulberry roses. I Stickled the wings(not that you can tell!) and used some Liquid Pearls on the flower bouquet.


The Queen of the Faeries was fun to make. I was pleased that they had the paper in the 8x8 paper pad and the image was smaller then in the 12x12 pad. I used Flower Soft to frame around the Queen. Her crown and wing dots are Liquid Pearls, cantaloupe color. I used Distress Stickles on the wings. I made two of this card.


This faerie is definitely darker. I also made two of this card. I colored her a lot of times but the way the stamp inks up it is just a lot of black or whatever other color ink you use. I tried just inking the stamp but that didn't work for me either. Maybe by the time I got to this image it was getting late! I have seen it inked on some of the blogs I visit that makes it look awesome but...I'll settle for this one. Rock candy Distress Stickles are used on the image.

I may try to revisit these images and try a different coloring technique here at home. I really like the images and the papers. They are lots of fun.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful Fairy cards, love the colours and papers used. The man card is so fab, love everything about it.Gosh, never heard of an all night craft bash! Carolxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that tag and wanna be your whining friend next time!! Wish we could have an "organised" all night crop here! The last one I did was here at my home with my friend and we started at 10 am until 6 am then back again about 9.30am until 6pm!!! Bank Holiday thank goodness.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse