Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Snowman card

WOW!! It has been a while since I have blogged!

I have been having multiple health problems and with renovating the kitchen I haven't had the opportunity to document everything on my blog. I promise to blog at least once a day until the end of the year to make sure I don't miss anything this year!

Today I want to share a card I made for challenge #26 at Joan's Garden and the rules included that I...

1. Use some kind of snow or snow flakes
2. White is the color for the week, so make sure you have white on your card
3. Do some Chalking
4. Create some kind of a window look

I decided to make another easel card for my grandaughter for Christmas that I know she will love! I think she would love anything I made her though!!

I used Whisper White cardstock for the card base, snowman, and snowflakes, Old Olive for the Pine Trees, Cherry Cobbler for the mat on the sentiment. All card stock, ink, chalk, and gel pen was purchased from Stampin Up!. The decorative paper is from Echo Park. I used Tim Holtz dies, Winter Wonder, Snow Flurries, Pine tree, and the Snow Flurries embossing folder. The greenery, buttons, mittens buttons, and bling were unmarked part of my stash. The sentiment stamp used was from the Tim Holtz stamp set Retro Christmas.



I have been following the Tim Holtz blog the past couple of weeks fairly religiously as he made his 12 Days of Christmas Tags this year (I have been making tags but will hold off posting them until I have all 12 made to put up on the blog.) and I have picked up quite a few new techniques that I am going to put to good use. One of which was on his snowman on tag Day 10. I love these new dies they are so much fun to play with!!







I cut two of the Snowman then ran one of them through the Big Shot in the Snow Flurries folder and embossed him. I used the chalk to color his arms, nose, and to do the shadowing on the snow flakes embossed on his body.










More chalking was done when I used the cutout from the pine tree as a mask and put a couple trees on the card front!









I really had a good time creating this card. Hope you enjoy it also. Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. How beautiful is THAT!? I can't wait to see it in person tonight... seriously stunning, momma!

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse