Thursday, September 30, 2010

Fall card

From a previous post I mentioned a new range of Halloween cardstock/paper at my friends store here in Norman. I really liked the paper that had Chandeliers on it and used it in a card. This paper is from the same line and I had an ah ha moment when I saw it also.

The basic card is 5x5 inches and is made from Basic Black cardstock. The sentiment and stamped images are from Stampin Up! Just Believe stamp set. I used basic black on the sentiment and old olive ink on the floral design inside the card. I burnished the cardstock inside and out with Tim Holtz distress ink Old Parchment. I stamped the floral design on a paper dolie and mounted it on the cardstock. The next layer was a punched border by EK Success in Basic Black. The flowers and the half pearls are from my stash. Sentiment is popped up with Stampin Up! dimensionals.



The inside of the card is stamped on Whisper White with Old Olive ink. I loved the touch of contrast the red flower gave the card.



I just love this sentiment. Just Believe can be used in a variety of ways from Christmas, to religious, to various motivational cards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse