Thursday, August 26, 2010

Joans Garden Challenge #11

I decided that one of the things I would like to do in my semiretired state was to play along with some of the challenges I see on line all the time. This week Joan Fricker at Joan's Garden has a challenge that runs from one Thursday till the next. This weeks challenge was to make a tag out of grunge board or something a bit heavier than card stock. Joan's Garden is one of my favorite online places to shop for scrap booking and stamping stuf. Joan has all sorts of awesome stuff in her store and she does awesome work as a crafter.

I didn't have any grunge board to make my tag out of but I did have some left over chipboard tags from a book I made last year. I covered it with Tim Holtz Paper and embellished it with Tim's film ribbon, grunge board flourish inked with the distress ink aged mahogany, distressed the card with antique linen and Victorian velvet. The stamps are from the Tim Holtz Stamper's Anonymous line.




Embellishments are from Tim Holtz again. The philosophy tag and memo pin come in sets with many thoughts/philosophies. The key and face plate are from Spare Parts and the flowers are from the Prima Flowers line.



I have been not feeling well recently and I feel a bit melancholy and introspective. I think that the tag acts as a cathartic for me in that it says a lot about where I am right now. I love my art and sometimes those folks I know don't really consider it art. To them I say tough!! The clock and key marks time and passage and I have an admit one ticket. If I am happy with my life then that is what counts. The stamped sentiment says it all.



This was fun!

1 comment:

  1. Vickie, your tag is awesome. I love everything about it. The color is perfect and all the embellisments are wonderful.

    I am so sorry you couldn't get it posted. It certainly would shine with all the different tags. It is beautiful.


    Thanks so much for playing in Joan's Gardens #11 weekly Challenge. It is so much fun!

    Joan
    www.atjoansgardens.com

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse