Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Valentines Cards

I hope everyone had a Happy Valentines day! I worked but was able to participate in a couple of events that I really enjoyed. On Friday night Heather and I went to Whole Lotta Scrap here in Norman and had a Valentine's party/scrapbook event. I accomplished very little except to socialize and make a couple cards but I had a lot of fun and that's what it is all about!!

The women at Whole Lotta Scrap are an awesome bunch of people. I wish I had taken my camera with me to photograph the group so I could show my friends off! Part of the preparation for a Valentines party was to make a Valentines box so folks who wanted to participate in a swap could deposit your Valentines into! I tried to get a picture of the box I made but was unable to get a good shot so I will show you the top and side view in two separate shots.


This is the top of the box and I was satisfied with the way it worked out but couldn't get the lines of the papers to line up for me. This is Bo Bunny paper from last year that came in a scrapbooking kit with stickers and brads. I liked the homey feel of the paper but didn't like it in scrapbooking. Click on the pic to see the detail. The pink cardstock is Pink Pirouette and any ink used is from Stampin Up.



The punches are from Martha Stewart that came out this season. I can't remember who the flowers or buttons are made by and they are out of the stash in my craft room that I have made a pledge to my self to use up!



The following are pictures of the cards that I made to give out at the party. I figured you couldn't have a Valentine without a chocolate heart and incorporated it into my card. The cardstock (whisper white, chocolate chip, real red), stamps, punches, and ink are all from Stampin Up except for the DP and I am unsure of who made it. Pretty though!




The inside of the card had the Hershey's Bliss chocolate heart attached with a dimensional. I had seen something like this on the net last year using Ghiradelli chocolate and really thought it was a cute idea and changed things around to my way so I could use the heart!



No party would be complete without food and we had an awesome potluck that night. Once again I wish I had a camera to show all the food that was available and most of it was hand made by these creative women. Me...I went ot SAM's and bought some yummy cupcakes.



Hope you had a happy day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse