Sunday, February 21, 2010

Quilled Hummingbird Card

I spent yesterday in a craft class learning to do quilling and to make a quilled card! It is a lot of work but oh so worth it. Heather joined us about 1530 and we worked on a class project kit making a message center than Leslie held last month but that neither one of us could attend. Lots and lots of fun!

The class was at Whole Lotta of Scrap with Gus...Augusta Frank. Gus teaches the origami class and now the quilling class. Gus has been quilling for decades and makes cards for sale at many establishments in town.











This is Gus's card! Isn't it beautiful!










The class was all about basics and almost 20 people showed up to learn her tricks and to try their hand at making a hummingbird card.













This is my card! I think I am happy with it!











My card was a lot of fun to make and I think I will be using some of the techniques I learned on other projects.



Here is an upclose of the hummingbird! I love hummingbirds in the wild and for many years put out a feeder but there just doesn't seem to be enough of them around our house to keep the food from souring. Did you know that soured hummingbird food is to hummingbirds like a alcoholic drink to us?

1 comment:

  1. You should be happy with it, it's beautiful!!
    Love the colors you chose, so pretty and your quilling is awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse