Monday, January 11, 2010

Heather's Birthday

This week we celebrated the birth of our daughter Heather. Heather was born at 11:25 on Sunday, January 7, 1979 in Kansas City, MO. It was a horrible winter and Chuck spent a lot of time out on the drive with the snow shovel keeping it cleared in case we had to make the trip to the hospital. I can remember we made all these plans about what we were going to do and how I would come to pick him up from work if need be to go to the hospital. Good thing she was born on a Sunday cause I would never have made it to pick Chuck up and then get back to the hospital in time. Heather was born about 25 minutes after I had the one and only 'big' birthing pain.




Heather has turned out to be a 'pink' girlie girl after many years chasing around in jeans and this ratty old grey shirt she bought while in junior high school. I made her birthday card keeping the pink theme in mind and her love of chocolate in mind.

This is not a very good picture but the best I seemed to be able to get tonight. The card is an easel fold card and the card stock base is a retired color from Stampin Up! called Mint Melody. The designer paper and various accents were from things I have been collecting. I have promised myself that I was going to use up some of the papers and 'stuff' I have been accumulating over the years. I think the card turned out all right and Heather seemed to be happy with the outcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse