Saturday, May 16, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

I hope everyone had a Happy Mother's Day! I had an very nice one. I went over to my daughters house and she cooked dinner for us. Dinner was great but the fellowship was the most awesome! I love to get together with family and friends and it was nice to share a meal with Heather, Michael and Chuck.

Have I ever mentioned how proud I am of my daughter? Heather is a remarkable young woman and has many talents to offer the world. Heather is an awesome artist and uses multiple medium to create all the stuff she does. She knits, crochets, paints, does pottery and ceramics, all sorts of painting, drawing and paper crafts.

For mothers day she created a card for me and a gift certificate that I will soon be redeeming.

























I was so excited by the gift card cause it is for a painting of my choice done by HL. The painting on the gift card is a painting that Heather did for school art show when she was a student in junior college in Oklahoma City! I loved the painting but didn't know that it was up for sale...Heather sold the painting to the Dean of the art school before the art show even opened. I was so proud of her accomplishment but couldn't help but rag on her for selling it without my knowing! Isn't it a beautiful painting? I will pick another one out of her collection that is just as awesome! {grin}

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse