Sunday, March 29, 2009

Chip board books!

I have a new addiction! I am discovering chipboard and it is an awesome product. I can cut it on my Sizzix machine and with the big shot...some of it anyway. It comes in so many different thicknesses and weights I can make lettering or book backs with it. Tonight I want to post a couple of the projects I did this past month that are made with chipboard.

The first is a chipboard book I made from a kit I bought at Whole Lotta Scrap around Christmas but just got around to making. The kit is from Bo Bunny called Believe. I really enjoyed making this book and now that I realize Bo Bunny isn't out to get me because of my goof ups I will probably try to make another one from them. Bo Bunny doesn't give you a whole lotta scraps to deal with so if you screw up you have to improvise. Everything you need comes in the kit including brads, ribbon, and paper. I used Tombo glue to stick the paper to the chipboard and I distressed the edges with Choclate Chip ink from Stampin Up!.




The second book I did in a class at Whole Lotta Scrap here in Norman that opened a year ago next month. WLS is a really neat place to go and learn stuff and make new friends. This book is called love and is made with a Maya Road chipboard book and we used 6x6 paper pad from Basic Grey called Bittersweet. I don't remember the name of the paint we used nor due I remember if I used craft pad or some other ink to go around the edges with but didn't it turn out nice? It is smallish but I love all the ribbons and 'stuff' it has on it.




The last book was once again made in a class down at WLS. It is a family photo album made with a Maya Road book and papers from My Minds Eye called Grow and Bloom. I love the colors and prints in this group. It is edged with a Cat's Eye pad, lots of ribbons, glitter glue, and skittles. It was a whole lotta fun to make.


1 comment:

  1. I burn myself looking at hot glue guns...you have a gift! Good to hear from you and hope that you get better, too.

    ReplyDelete

I would really love to hear what you think about my art and my posts. Please leave me a comment and let me know! Thanks for visiting my blog. Vickie aka Okienurse